Friends of Bastrop County Animal Shelter was formed in 2008 and is a volunteer driven nonprofit organization whose primary mission is to support programs of the Bastrop County Animal
We participate in a variety of community events to raise awareness of the Shelter as a great source for a new pet. We also hold off-site adoptions in cooperation with local area
businesses. Our support also includes providing the Shelter with needed equipment and comfort items for the Shelter’s pets, and soliciting grants for shelter improvements and expansion.
The mission of the Friends of Bastrop County Animal Shelter is to increase pet adoptions, promote spay/neuter, and provide funding to the Shelter to support the humane care and
treatment of animals while in its care.
- Increase the number of off-site adoption events
- Provide more education on the importance of spaying and neutering pets
- Enhance the Voucher Program for free and low-cost pet sterilization services and vaccinations.
- Create a new website that will focus on the mission and goals of the organization
- Increase membership
- Promoting the Bastrop County Animal Shelter within the community by attending community events.
- Hosting off-site adoption events to increase adoptions from the shelter.
- Educating the public on the importance of spay/neuter to control pet overpopulation.
- Providing the Shelter with needed equipment, veterinary supplies, and comfort items for the Shelter’s pets. See below.
Our support of the Bastrop County Animal Shelter includes providing the Shelter with needed equipment and comfort items for the Shelter’s pets. Some of these items include:
- Adoption Cattery
- Industrial Air-Coolers for Dog Runs
- 42" Flat Screen Television and DVD Player (providing education to lobby guests)
- Animal Weight Scales
- Surgical Lights
- Dryer (for laundry room)
- FeLV/FIV Test Kits (for cats)
- Heartworm Test Kits (for dogs)
- Cat Towers
- Assorted Dog and Cat Toys
- Grooming Supplies
Bastrop County Animal Shelter
589 Cool Water Drive
Bastrop, Texas 78602
Phone: (512) 549-5160
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org